Like most health care professionals, Naturopathic Doctors aren’t allowed to make health claims. We’re not supposed to tell you we can help with your digestion, your immune system, your energy levels, your hormones, or anything else.
Some rules are just begging to be broken, though.
What if I told you about a treatment tool that could:
- Reduce depression, stress and anxiety
- Help improve job performance and sexual function
- Help prevent cancer, heart disease, dementia
- Decrease bone fractures, arthritis
- Reduce youth smoking, pregnancy and drug use while improving test scores and the odds of going to college
- Improve sleep, concentration and form new brain cells
- Boost your mood, your self-esteem and your immune system
And, if that’s not enough for you, it’s also the number one treatment for fatigue, and reduces your risk of DEATH.
That is one heck of a health claim. And that’s just scratching the surface.
What is the miracle treatment that does all this?
Exercise. And not even hard exercise. You can get astonishing benefits from just walking around.
The truth is exercise makes everything better.When we exercise, our blood flows to all regions of our body. This blood brings oxygen, nutrients and then takes away the waste we make when we use them. It lubricates our joints, stimulates healing responses and release endorphins, our natural pain-killing and feel good chemicals.
We’re not allowed to make health care claims. But the challenge should no longer be to prove where exercise helps.
It should be to prove where it doesn’t.
At this point, it’s looking like a short list.
Need more convincing? Try this video: