The StoneTree team spent a glorious Friday evening enjoying some delicious food and excellent gin. We though you might enjoy the recipes!
Napa Cabbage Salad
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb. napa cabbage chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a pie plate, bake the almonds for 5 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the oil, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar. Add the cabbage, scallions and cilantro and toss. Add the almonds and season with pepper. Toss again and serve.
Lentil Salad with Sundried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 can lentils
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- Mix in a bowl
- Add quinoa or other grain if desired, but double the dressing if you do!
Celery Salad with Feta and Mint
- 6 large celery stalks, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- In a large bowl, combine celery and red onion. Add olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with feta and mint.
- Wanna cheat on the dressing? Try Paul Newman’s Family Italian!
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.