Not only do we need ideas to make healthy eating possible, we also need strategies to fit it in to our busy lives. To make eating a healthy lunch even more possible, we’re going start including tips and tricks to make it happen.
Eating a healthy lunch tip #1:
Dr. Shelby makes her healthy lunch happen by making it the night before at the same time she’s making dinner. “I’m already chopping up veggies for the dinner salad so, I often just pull out my lunch container and fill it at the same time.”
Here’s a look inside the StoneTree lunchroom this week. Enjoy!
- Brown rice pasta with goat cheese and pesto, combined with stir-fried onions peppers and broccoli.
- Hard-boiled egg on the side.
- Crock-pot curry: 1 onion and 3 cloves garlic sautéed, ½ head of cauliflower diced, 1 can of chick peas, and one package diced tofu. Blended together with 1 box organic veggie broth, ½ package grape tomatoes and 2 heaping tablespoons of Marsala curry paste. All dropped in the crock-pot and cooked on low overnight.
- Added half a diced avocado, just before eating.
- Salad with romaine lettuce, red pepper, avocado, sunflower seeds, carrot, cilantro. Topped with homemade salad dressing.