A big thank-you to everyone who attended our open house. We had some great feedback on the food, but we ran out of recipe cards during the evening so I thought I’d post them here for anyone who missed out. You can also check out Shelby’s recipe page for some others.
The green smoothies were the surprise hit of the night! We don’t have her recipes, but if you want more information on the delicious green smoothies created by Sarah Heipel of Good Energy, you can contact her here. Thanks Sarah!
- 2 zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ¾ cup tahini
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 ½ tsp Celtic sea salt
- ½ Tbsp ground cumin
Combine all ingredients in a food processor; blend until thick and smooth.
Serve with slices of cucumber, zucchini, celery or carrots.
Source: RAWvolution, by Matt Amsden
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu, chopped in to 1cm cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce/ tamari, Bragg’s
- 1 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
* adjust amount of each marinade ingredient according to taste; these amounts are approximations
Combine marinade ingredients and pour over tofu so that all cubes are immersed. Store overnight in refrigerator.
Bake at 400degrees for 30 minutes, or until desired consistency.
Serve on own as a snack or as a protein topping to any salad.
Source: Juice for Life, by Ruth Tal
Black Bean Dip
- 1 15-oz can or organic black beans
- ¼ C of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbs chili powder
First, sauté garlic cloves in olive oil. Then puree all of the ingredients in a blender. Serve with organic corn chips as a healthy, yummy snack!