Last year was a big one for StoneTree Clinic. Our team and our patient community grew a lot! Here are a few highlights from 2018:
- One new naturopathic doctor—Dr. Bronwyn Hill, ND. She started her ND career as a volunteer student over a decade ago, helping out Dr. Shelby and me when we were practicing over on Erie Street. She graduated from the Canadian College of medicine five years ago (she and Dr. Maggie were classmates) and after a few years in the city, she decided to make the move up north. We couldn’t be happier.
- With well over 2200 IV’s being done in 2018 we needed some help, and added two new faces in the IV suite:
- Sahar El Awady (Dr. Ehab’s wife). She brings both her history as an anesthesiologist in Eygpt, and real passion for patient care. She started in the IV suite this fall and is eagerly learning the naturopathic approach to health care.
- Deb Chatwin, nursing assistant extraordinaire. You will see her as Angela’s right hand this January, learning the ropes and helping out.
- One new face behind the front desk—Bridget McMaster joined us this summer as a student intern and we get to keep her until she heads off the Naturopathic College in the fall of 2019.
- Three maternity leaves, which added 3 new babies to the STC family!
- Dr. Kendra welcomed Rowan into her family in April of this year. She is now back to work and reconnecting with her patients and we get to snuggle with Rowan during case conference every week.
- Dr. Maggie and her family welcomed a daughter, Rose into her family in October and Dr. Candice welcomed her son, Owen into the world just in time for Christmas this December. Both moms will be back to patient care in the late spring. Dr. Bronwyn is looking after their patients and loving it.
And most importantly….
- Over 800 new patients came to the clinic for the first time! That means that in January we’ll kick off the new year by welcoming our 7,000th new patient! As always, we’re grateful for your trust in us and feel truly privileged to be a part of your health journey.
Thanks to all of you for a great year, and for growing with us as we find our way. As always, if there’s any way we can serve you better, let us know.
From the team at StoneTree Clinic, we wish you all a healthy and happy 2019!