May 14-20th is Naturopathic Medicine Week and we want to shout out to all the thousands of awesome patients we have had the privilege of serving in our 17 years of practice in the Georgian Triangle.
This week is a time when we not only try to promote the strengths of our profession, but we all reconnect with the principles that guide us in the work we do–the principles that make naturopathic medicine so helpful to patients.
What are ND’s all about? We believe:
- In the healing power of nature. Not just using “natural remedies,” but also connecting to the idea that the body can heal itself, it just needs all the right tools to do so.
- In getting to the root of the problem. Not all patients have headaches for the same reason. Some have headaches because of a food intolerance. Others due to a nutrient deficiency, some because of a hormone imbalance. The root cause can be different for different people.
- In treating the individual. For a naturopath, every case is unique. We like to understand what is happening in each individual patient–as a result we ask lots of questions and often do many blood tests.
- That prevention is the best medicine. Keeping you healthy is a whole lot easier than treating your disease.
- That doctors are teachers. ND’s are passionate about giving you, the patient, all the information and insight you need to feel in control of your health and your health care decisions.
What Your Friends and Family Should Know
If you know someone that can benefit from naturopathic medicine, but isn’t quite sure, here are a few useful details.
- ND’s are not covered by OHIP, but many extended health plans are now covering our services. Why? Because patients of naturopathic doctors are healthier, use fewer prescription medications, and miss work less often.
- We offer a complimentary “meet-the-doctor” visit with one of our awesome ND’s–they’ll answer any and all questions at no charge.
- We’re now direct billing to extended health plans making it even easier for you to connect to your health through naturopathic medicine!
To learn more, or to book your appointment, call 705-444-5331, or visit us at www.stonetreeclinic.com. Happy Naturopathic Medicine Week!