Last weekend the StoneTree Clinic team got to enjoy the 2017 annual convention of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors–right here at Blue Mountain Resorts.
It was such a treat to show off the Collingwood area to our ND colleagues. With our amazing community and beautiful natural attractions, they all agreed: we live in one of the BEST places in Ontario to be healthy!
All the StoneTree Clinic docs attended, and here are some of the things we learned:
- Dr. Candice: Endometriosis in shift workers is 50% higher than in non-shift workers, and correcting imbalances in circadian rhythms with natural remedies can really make a difference.
- Dr. Maggie: After an awesome lecture on “traumatic brain injury” by Dr. Paul Hrkal ND, Dr. Maggie is excited about the research supporting consumption of omega 3 fats in the prevention AND treatment of concussion and brain injury.
- Dr. Shelby: Learned about a simple test to determine if a person is being exposed to mold–thanks to the amazing Dr. Neil McKinney ND, one of our naturopathic elders who has been practicing and teaching for over 30 years.
- Dr. Kendra: Learned from one of the world’s leading experts on probiotics, Dr. Nigel Plummer Ph.D., that patients will have much better outcomes (by having fewer side-effects) when they take probiotics with and after antibiotics.
- Dr. Tara: Throughout the 2 days, Dr. Tara was reminded about the importance of daily, preventative supplementation. Everyone (including Dr. Tara) should take daily probiotics, fish oils, and vitamin D (at a minimum) to support optimal health.
Our docs are involved in continuing education throughout the year–if you have questions about the latest research, tools, and treatments, contact us anytime!