This recipe comes from the unlikely source of the label on a can of Unico black beans. Like Jackie’s Bean Salad, this one is surprisingly delicious considering how good it is for you. 🙂
It’s also fast – you can make enough for a week’s lunches in about 5 minutes!
- 1 can (540mL/19 fl oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the beans, mango, red peppers and green onions in a bowl
- Whisk together lime juice, vegetable oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes
- Add the cilantro and toss lightly
Serves 4-6, or lunch for a week for just you!